The AutoHotkey has great documentation but because of some pages are only available behind links in the content , it might be inconvenience for people who want to read through, and sometimes it is hard to find a particular topic, too. so I rearranged a index page, hope it would be clearer.
Quick-start Tutorial: A short introduction to help you start scripting your own macros and hotkeys right away.
Hotkeys: Details about creating keyboard, mouse, and joystick hotkeys.
- Remapping: Describes how to transform keys and buttons into other keys and buttons.
- Keyboard, Mouse & Joystick Reference: Lists the keyboard keys, mouse buttons, and joystick buttons that can be defined as hotkeys.
- Send Command: Key Names Reference: Lists the special keys that can be sent .
- Overriding or Disabling Hotkeys: Disable built-in Windows hotkeys.
- Joystick remapping: methods of sending keystrokes and mouse clicks with a joystick.
Hotstrings: Describes how to set up abbreviations that expand as you type them (auto-replace), or that trigger actions.
GUI: Describes how to create and manage your own windows, controls, and menu bars. Such windows can be used as data entry forms or custom user interfaces.
Scripts: Explains how scripts are structured, commented, passed parameters, and converted to EXEs.
Variables and Expressions: Explains how to: 1) create and use variables; 2) use expressions for math and string operations; and 3) use built-in variables
Functions: Explains how to define functions, pass parameters to them, and receive return values from them.
Command Reference: An alphabetical list of all commands and major functions. Each one is briefly described and linked to its detailed page in the documentation.
FAQ (frequently asked questions): Explains common issues and points of confusion.
Notes for AutoIt v2 Users: Explains compatibility with AutoIt v2 and the enhanced syntax and commands.
Script Showcase (samples): Download some useful scripts, or just study them to learn by example.